"Sushi On Stone I" An Original Oil Painting
Purchasing This Painting
- This painting is framed as shown and is ready for immediate hanging.
- Payment may be made with major credit cards and PayPal.
- Shipping within the United States is free. An additional charge will be added for shipments outside of the United States.
- It will ship from my studio within 2 business days of purchase.
- It will be carefully packaged for maximum protection during transit, and insured for the full purchase price. A signature will be required on delivery, so the package will not be left unattended.
- You will be provided with a tracking number and estimated delivery date (due to the unpredictability of the customs process, an estimated delivery date cannot be provided for shipments outside of the United States).
- Your satisfaction is completely guaranteed. Paintings may be returned for the full purchase price within 14 days of receipt.
About These Paintings
Growing up in the rural Midwest, sushi was an exotic – almost mythical – food to me. It was rarely heard of and never seen.
My first direct experience of it came during my freshman year in college, when my roommate organized a visit to New York City for me and two other friends.
We stayed with his uncle – an architect who had designed many of the city’s sushi restaurants.
One night he took us on a tour of four of those restaurants – all beautiful – where we were treated as guests of honor and given the best the houses had to offer.
Sadly, my young taste buds did not appreciate the experience as much as they should have, but my young eyes immediately grasped the stunning visual poetry of this grand culinary tradition.
When I began painting a dozen years later, I remembered that experience often, and started exploring the subject in some of my earliest works.
And of course I have learned to delight in sushi, and enjoy it as often as I can.
I have painted many other things, but I have returned to painting sushi over and over.